Thursday, August 9, 2007

Out Of Town And Out Of Action

Sorry for the lack of postage, but I'm actually out of town right now. I'm on a remote island off the Maine coast, my access to the internet is limited, and it's been hard for me to get a chance to post anything. I will be back in New York on the 15th, at such time as I will get Bleeding Blue and Orange back up and running.

For the meantime, no matter where you are, Mets fans everywhere will be engaging tonight in a mass hair-pulling out in response to another series loss to the Atlanta Braves. I don't even hate that team that much anymore; the Mets just can't seem to not suck against them. 4 for 12. A good batting average over the course of a three game span, sure, but a terrible winning percentage - against your division rival or any other team. Aye.

Of 300 wins, congratulations Tom Glavine. You've earned it, and you might be the last pitcher to ever perform this impressive feat. Of 756 home runs, (now 757) I'm convinced that Barry Bonds intentionally tanked last week's series in LA so that he could set the record in San Francisco. Whatever the case, after my wish for Bonds to suffer a career-ending injury on homer no. 754 and be forced to pull a Bernie Mac in Mr. 3000 failed to come true, I guess I'll just have to live with baseball's new home run king* and his toxic personality. Aye. Of 500 home runs for A Rod - congratulations, Alex - maybe now you'll stop hating yourself.

I'll bother with a lengthier rant when you club no. 800

Good to see Pedro pitch last night in a real live, professional baseball game for Port St. Lucie. He struggled, but he probably could have topped Bobby Jones' - er, John Maine's - shoddy outing this afternoon at Shea. Stats aside, the real important thing for Pedro at this point is to get loose and stay on track for a major league return by the end of the month, when he'll have to come back to be eligible for the post-season.

Maybe with Pedro, the Mets will be able to win a series against the Braves in September. Maybe not. I don't think the inferiority complex is back - the Mets know they're better than Atlanta, and the same roster of players (just about) dominated the Bravos all last year. We just need to not suck. Maybe it'll happen in time for us not to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Happy Thursday, everyone; I'll be back with my next post on the 15th. Don't forget about the mass hair-pulling out - tonight at 7. Cheers!

(Image courtesy allposters.com)

No comments:


Questions? Comments? Suggestions for the blog? Just wanna talk? Email me at mattbuccelli@gmail.com and go to town. I'm all ears