Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's In The Towels

After the Phillies polished off their sweep of the Mets last Thursday, I stopped using my white Mets bath towel, hoping the change would spark the Mets out of their 5-game late August swoon.

Following my switch to my solid black towel on Friday morning, the Mets swept Atlanta in Turner Field, ripped off their first 5-game winning streak of the season, and while they lost today's game, still watched the Phillies blow an 8-2 lead to the Braves and lose 9-8. Kane Davis was not involved in the decision.

5 up, 23 to go. It's all in the towels. What a difference a month makes.

(Photo courtesy robbinssports.com)

No comments:


Questions? Comments? Suggestions for the blog? Just wanna talk? Email me at mattbuccelli@gmail.com and go to town. I'm all ears