Friday, September 7, 2007

Mets Welcome Houston, I Take A Break

The Mets tonight will begin a three game series with the Houston Astros at Shea Stadium. Three game sets against the Braves and Phillies will follow next week as part of a nine game homestand.

Mike Pelfrey pitches tonight opposite Wandy Rodriguez, while Tom Glavine takes the hill tomorrow before the much anticipated '07 homecoming of Pedro Martinez on Sunday.

As likely as it looks right about now that the Mets will win their second consecutive NL East title, though, let's not lose sight of how far we've come in such a short period of time. Remember that just three years ago, we were letting Todd Zeile start September games at catcher for us:


I'll be unable to post this weekend while I move down to DC. Enjoy the games and the start of the NFL season, and as always, Let's go Mets!

(Picture courtesy of www.new-york-mets-visit-new-york-city.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o lucro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Matt B. said...

Respectfully, crescenet, I can't do that. To begin with, I'm not quite sure what your comment says, because it is in a language I don't understand. It looks like a compliment, so thanks for that, but I still don't know what it says. The fact that I can't read your language makes it impossible for me to read your website, either, but it looks like it's not really about the Mets, baseball, or even sports at all.

This is a sports blog, and I can only really legitimately link sports blogs, so I'm sorry for that. Good luck with your website.


Questions? Comments? Suggestions for the blog? Just wanna talk? Email me at mattbuccelli@gmail.com and go to town. I'm all ears