Tuesday, December 4, 2007

John Maine Likes Women's Clothing

...According the the New York Post's PageSix.com at least. It looks like Maine's having a nice offseason:

The Virginia-born ball-hurler later approached PageSix.com and asked to test-drive our frock as well. "I'm John Maine. I pitch for the Mets! I'm a hot piece of a*s!" he kept repeating. He said that he was on his way to a drag party later that night. "Come on, I'll give you $200 to try on your dress," he begged. "Just to take a picture. It'll be fun."

Apparently this all went down at the grand opening of Touch Nightclub last Thursday night - and no, according to the story Maine did not get what he wanted. But it sounds like our young starter, who usually speaks in short, generic sentences with the media, does indeed walk on the wild side every so often. It's always the quiet ones.

Does Maine not remind you a little bit of Nuke LaLoosh? (That's a Bull Durham reference, for you ignint people out there) You wonder how Maine would fare with Kevin Costner behind the plate telling him to keep his fastball down. I'm pretty sure he's a bachelor - what kind of role is Susan Sarandon playing in his life? Anyway, my point here is that like Nuke LaLoosh, Maine can sometimes lose focus on the mound and seems to at least have the part down about wearing women's clothing. Women's underwear, under his uniform possibly? Who knows.

"Whaddid I do last night?"

Mets Pitcher is a Drag (Page Six)
John Maine Loves the Little Black Dress (Deadspin)

(Image courtesy pagesix.com)

3 comments:

Gotapparel said...

when John Maine present there summer collection

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

joy said...

Comments about Men who purchase clothes for women A different kind of John:I've been biting my tongue all afternoon as soon as it was revealed that one those Rove operatives (Jeff Larsen) apparently paid the tab at the Minneapolis, Minnesota Neiman Marcus for Palin's shopping trip there to the tune of something like $75,000. Now I know a lot of folks are annoyed and angered by the fact that the hockey mom, PTA pit bull should have a $150,000 wardrobe shopping extravaganza.
-------------------------------
JOYCELORENZA

maine drug rehab


Questions? Comments? Suggestions for the blog? Just wanna talk? Email me at mattbuccelli@gmail.com and go to town. I'm all ears