Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Rockies Win NL Wild Card

"I have no idea how we just won that game." - Todd Helton

I didn't watch, but it's hard to ignore SportsCenter.


The Rockies played very un-Mets-like in late September, winning 13 of 14 to even force a one-game playoff with the Padres of San Diego.


It all climaxed when the Rockies scored 3 in the bottom of the 13th tonight to knock off San Diego and complete this incredible run. Down 8-6 heading into the bottom of the inning, the Rockies showed fight and resolve, guts and heart and came back to win the game against Trevor Hoffman, even if Matt Holliday didn't touch the plate to score the winning run just a few minutes ago.

At any rate, congratulations Rockies. There will be playoff baseball at Coors Field, if not Shea Stadium.


Kick the Phillies' ass.

(Photo courtesy www.baseballpilgrimmages.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse for that I interfere … At me a similar situation. Let's discuss.

Anonymous said...

I consider, what is it very interesting theme. I suggest you it to discuss here or in PM.


Questions? Comments? Suggestions for the blog? Just wanna talk? Email me at mattbuccelli@gmail.com and go to town. I'm all ears